I knew there was a "jokes" section on DEV but I never paid much attention to it. I started browsing through today and found myself chuckling a lot, so I think I'll start sharing them occasionally in this newsletter. Or all the time, depending on how many comedians there are on site! This first one is an oldie, but easily a classic: You might think a pirate's favorite programming language is R... ð
ð Top 7 Posts From Last Week ð
- Victor, a new bootcamp grad, for getting their first job offer ð
- Ankit for sticking to their values instead of working for a questionable company ðª
- Victoria for prioritizing their mental and physical health ð¯
1. Why Not Having a CS Degree is Awesome: a supportive and inspirational post for anyone without a CS degree that codes, or is thinking about coding.
2. My first impressions of Rust: an experienced programmer shares their likes and dislikes towards Rust.
3. 27 Programming Youtube channels you should know: a master list for those who like learnings through videos.
5. Restructure with ease thanks to Typescript path mappings: how to update import paths when restructuring Typescript projects.
6. 18 DevTools for productivity ð: a list of tools that make life easier.
7. Coding Out of a Van in New Zealand: how to stay connected and work on the road.
And an article from our sponsor TripleByte:
8. We built Triplebyte for machine learning engineers - here's what we learned: what you need to know if you're in the market for a machine learning job.
ð IRL.DEV ð
These are community-run DEV meetups. If you don't see your city listed here, consider becoming an organizer :) Discuss ð¬
- What are your favorite Open Source alternatives?
- What Are the Most Important CS Principles to Learn as a New Dev from a Non-Traditional Background?
- What is the "best" merge request flow?
P.S. â Youâll notice some logos below. These belong to our wonderful developer-focused sponsors: DigitalOcean â A cloud platform that hits on both simplicity and scalability, CloudBees Rollout â A powerful code release toolset that brings feature flags, analytics, and testing to the process, and Triplebyte â A hiring platform where you do one coding quiz to receive multiple job offers from top tech companies. You should check them all out!. You should check them all out!
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
10:11 PM, 11 Nov 2019 by Iuri Sampaio Permalink